Dr. Howard D. Jordan, OD
- Dr. Howard D. Jordan founded Bethel Vision Center, Inc in 1979. He specializes in family eye care, refractive surgery consultation, specialty contact lens fitting including the newest bifocal contact lenses, and treatment of diseases of the eye.
- From the outset of his career, he has always strived to be at the pinnacle of his profession and in the process has worked concurrently as an associate with two of the leading Ophthalmologists in the Columbus area.
- A proud Buckeye, his undergraduate work was completed at The Ohio State University and he received his Doctor of Optometry in 1976 from the university’s College of Optometry. He was a clinical faculty member at Ohio State and Staff Optometrist in the Optometry/Ophthalmology Service at the Veteran Administrations’ Clinic in Columbus. As an Air Force Veteran, Dr. Jordan takes great pride in his service in the armed forces.
- Dr. Jordan and his wife, Brenda, have called North Columbus home for over 30 years. They are enjoying their two grown son’s Michael and Jason and their two beautiful grand children. As a member of the Dublin Worthington Rotary Club and a past president, Dr. Jordan is committed to giving back to the community. His other memberships include the American Optometric Association and the Ohio Optometric Association.
Dr. Jennifer L. Schmelzer, OD
- Jennifer L. Schmelzer, O.D. received her B.A. from Ohio Wesleyan University in 2002, and in 2007, she received her Doctorate of Optometry from The Ohio State University College of Optometry.
- Dr. Schmelzer completed a post-graduate residency program at the Chillicothe VA and Chalmers P. Wylie Outpatient Clinic in Columbus where she gained more experience in ocular disease diagnosis and management.
- Her knowledge was enhanced in several areas of optometry by working in a private practice in Marion, Ohio as a primary eye care provider. She also worked in a LASIK vision center to test for surgical candidacy and administered full eye exams in various nursing homes around Ohio.
- At Bethel Vision Center, Dr. Schmelzer splits her time between two offices in Columbus and London, Ohio. She successfully treats and manages eye infections, glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy, and customizes her exams to fit the patients’ needs.
- Dr. Schmelzer is a member of the American Optometric Association and the Ohio Optometric Association.
Rick Martin, ABOC, LDO
- Rick started in the optical business in March of 1987. He started as a file clerk, purging files for a large optical chain in Columbus. Rick then had the opportunity to transition into the doctor's technician, which included pre-testing patients for the doctor before they were seen. As time went on, he studied the skills of the Opticians and became an Apprentice Optician for 2 years.
- After the 2 years of an Optical Apprentice required to take the Ohio State Optician Licensing test, Rick sat for his licensing test and PASSED his State Boards in February of 1989. He has been a Licensed Dispensing Optician for over 33 years and in the optical business for about 35 years. He really enjoys the Private Practice atmosphere where he is able to build a relationship with the patient's and learn their lifestyle in order to fit them with the best looking and fitting frames with the best possible lens options to give you the clearest vision.
- Rick started at Bethel Vision Center, as the Office Manager, in April 2012. His goal is to create an atmosphere where his patients feel more like a friend than just a patient, and to continue to grow the practice. He continues to take Continuing Education courses to keep up his license and to stay on top of the technology coming out to provide his patients with the best pair of glasses.
- Rick, and his wife Casey are from, and reside, in Hilliard where they found out they grew up only a couple of blocks from each other. Casey is a PTA, Physical Therapist Asst. They met in April 2012 and were married in June 2014. They are enjoying their Blended family. Rick has 2 boys who are Eagle Scouts and are Graduates of OSU and UNOH, and Casey has 2 boys and a daughter, who are also all in scouts and very active in sports.
- Rick and Casey also enjoy spending their time with their Blended Family Small Group from church. They have volunteered at the Franklinton Friends Ministry Homeless Outreach where they collect items to give to the needy and homeless and help serve food most every Saturday. They also enjoy running together , Half and Full Marathons, triathlons, biking, playing softball, and volleyball. Rick also enjoys getting out on the golf course.